OCEAN TRAILS RESORT – COVID-19 UPDATE
We are open and welcoming guests back to Parksville!
Steps away from the incredible vistas of Rathtrevor Beach, Ocean Trails Resort is well-suited for today’s socially-distancing adventures. Our condos are spacious, self-contained, and feature private entrances and fully-equipped kitchens. Our guests have commented for many years on our impressive cleanliness standards. Beyond the resort, the Parksville Qualicum Beach region offers numerous outdoor activities and wide-open spaces. Explore Englishman River Falls, Notch Hill, Mount Arrowsmith, Little Qualicum Falls, or Cameron Lake. Visit the legendary goats at Coombs Country Market or enjoy a round of golf at the many top calibre courses including Morningstar Golf Club, Pheasant Glen, Eaglecrest Golf Club and more.
PLEASE NOTE – NOV. 19, 2020 PROVINCIAL HEALTH ORDER
As of November 19th, 2020, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry has released a new set of protocols to help limit the spread of COVID-19. These include the mandatory use of civilian face masks in all public indoor areas, and only socializing with people in your immediate household.
Full details on the Government of British Columbia’s public health order can be read here.
In consultation with the BC Hotel Association, we have implemented the following measures:
NO VISITORS ALLOWED IN ROOMS:
- As per the Provincial Health Order, no visitors outside your immediate household are allowed in the Ocean Trails rooms. Law enforcement may issue fines up to $2000 for guests breaching these conditions.
- Effective Nov. 19, 2020, civilian face masks must be worn in all indoor public spaces at the resort.
- Currently amenities including picnic tables, the BBQ recreation area, are temporarily closed. Guests wishing to BBQ are encouraged to bring small portable propane barbecues for their convenience to be used on the grounds. For your continued safety, propane BBQ use is not allowed on the second floor patios.
- All public touch points are cleaned frequently.
- Signs have been posted around the grounds to encourage hand hygiene and social distancing.
- We encourage everyone to support and follow social distancing parameters.
- Plexiglass guards have been installed at the front desk.
- Room keys are cleaned between each guest’s use.
- Guest belongings, such as luggage, will not be touched by staff.
- Every room will have a grace period for cleaning before the next guest check-in. After checkout, rooms will not be entered for a minimum of 3 hours to ensure the safety of our staff. Housekeeping, wearing approved personal protective equipment, will then thoroughly clean every room, including laundering all linens, and disinfecting surface touch points.
- As per BC regulations, housekeeping will not be provided for the duration of your stay.
- Linens will be cleaned on the highest heat setting in preparation of your stay.
- Staff are required to stay home if sick
- Effective Nov. 19, 2020, face masks must be worn by all employees in all indoor public spaces at the resort.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Trails Resort!
* Please note that our processes are continually evolving as a result of the guidance we receive from government, industry, and health organizations. As such, our measures, and all of the information provided on this page is subject to change without notice.