Activities & Attractions
Things to do in Parksville
Whether you like to shop, workout, stroll in beautiful gardens, check out the local art or wildlife, or indulge in a spa treatment, there are Parksville holiday activities and attractions for everyone near Ocean Trails Resort.
Reserve one of our beach resort’s condos and enjoy the many activities available on-site, such as volleyball, tennis, a heated outdoor swimming pool, open May long weekend through the end of September (weather permitting), an outdoor hot tub, the nearby beach and more.
Parksville Recreation Facilities
- Oceanside Place – Includes two NHL size rinks and leisure ice sheet, multipurpose floor, meeting room, concession, and skate shop.
- Ravensong Aquatic Centre – Features a 25-metre Olympic short course pool, a leisure pool and a whirlpool as well as a Nordic dry sauna and a Finnish steam room.
- Jim’s Gym – Guests at Ocean Trails Resort receive up to a 1 month free membership at Jim’s Gym, and are entitled to attend fitness classes at the rate charged to regular gym members!
Whether you love a French manicure, delight in seaweed scrubs or revel in a hot stone massage, some of the best spas in BC are available close by at neighbouring Parksville resorts.
- The Grotto Spa at Tigh Na Mara – BC’s largest resort spa including a mineral pool fed by a two story waterfall.
- AquaTerre Spa at Pacific Shores Resort – AquaTerre’s unique chocolate treatments are a delightful indulgence.
- Stonewater Spa and Salon at Beach Club Resort – Treatments include Bio Morphose Facial, Deep Blue Massage and Algotherm Body.
- Natural Synergy Day Spa in downtown Parksville – Offers treatments, esthetic services and massage therapy using all natural skin care products.
Cultural and Shopping Attractions
Our Vancouver Island resort is surrounded by several small villages filled with restaurants, arts and craft galleries, shops, farmer’s markets, book stores, libraries, cultural opportunities and other holiday attractions.
- Coombs Village – Features several heritage buildings, including the world famous Goats on the Roof market, unique galleries, as well as numerous gift shops and craft outlets.
- A number of award winning theatre houses including the Chemainus Theater and the Port Theatre all within easy driving distance.
- Numerous fine dining establishments are only minutes away from our resort on Vancouver Island.
Flora and Fauna Attractions
- Milner Gardens & Woodlands – 70 acre estate with walking paths
- Butterfly World and Gardens has Canada’s largest exhibit of orchids
- Big Qualicum Fish Hatchery – Works to increase populations of Pacific salmon and steelhead trout and provides enjoyment for recreational fishermen
- The World Parrot Refuge – Home to over 700 parrots
- Eco-tours with Coastal Revelations Nature & Heritage Tours – Customized eco tours with a registered professional biologist trained by Interpretation Canada
For more information about other leisure activities near our resort in Parksville, BC, go to