What to do this Fall in Parksville
Unlike other destinations in Canada where fall is a quick transition time between summer and winter, it’s a season to be enjoyed here on the west coast. The mornings may be crisp but warm afternoons make ideal conditions for getting outside and exploring! There’s something for everyone, so we’ve compiled a few different activities to add to your list this fall:
- Morningstar Farm: Home to Little Qualicum Cheeseworks and Mooberry Winery, take a self-guided tour, stock up on local goods, and visit the animals at the petting farm.
- North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre: A world-class rehabilitation centre specializing in raptors and black bears, observe the wildlife in a natural environment.
- Mount Arrowsmith: An hour inland from Ocean Trails, hiking trails up Mt Arrowsmith will reveal an array of autumn colours and incredible views.
- Tiger Lily Farm: A farm owned and operated farm, take the kids for a pony ride and hands on animal experience including goat milking, bottle feeding, egg collecting and more.
- Milner Gardens & Woodland: Featuring 28 acres of natural beauty, soak in fall’s colours from the many walking paths and witness the ancient coastal Douglas fir forest.
Finish any of the above activities with a visit to Rathtrevor Beach and a hot drink back in your home away from home at Ocean Trails! We hope you enjoy this season in Parksville as much as we do.