Rathtrevor Beach does something special a few days each year.
Like other days, the tide ebbs and flows, coming in and out, revealing the magnificent sandy beach we’ve all come to know and love. A beach that stretches out a thousand metres off shore, and several kilometres along the Parksville coast.
However, every once in a while, this pattern changes, and several times throughout the calendar year there are a handful of days where the tide allows us a peak beneath the Salish Sea. These extreme low tides offer us a glimpse of the full beauty of Rathtrevor Beach, and a chance to walk out even further into the ocean.
But that isn’t even the best part! You see, because the tide goes out so much further – and the silky smooth sands are so good at trapping the warmth of the summer sunshine – when the tide comes back in you are treated to the kind of swimming you would normally have to travel a thousand miles closer to the equator to enjoy. It’s downright tropical!
If this sounds amazing to you, you’ll be happy to know that there are three stretches of dates with extreme low tides coming up over the next few months: May 7-10, June 4-7, and July 2-5.
We’ll be here, waiting for you 🙂
- 2016-05-07 12:50 PDT 0.54 meters Low Tide
- 2016-05-08 13:34 PDT 0.43 meters Low Tide
- 2016-05-09 14:19 PDT 0.47 meters Low Tide
- 2016-05-10 15:06 PDT 0.65 meters Low Tide
- 2016-06-04 11:46 PDT 0.47 meters Low Tide
- 2016-06-05 12:30 PDT 0.33 meters Low Tide
- 2016-06-06 13:14 PDT 0.33 meters Low Tide
- 2016-06-07 13:58 PDT 0.46 meters Low Tide
- 2016-07-02 10:43 PDT 0.65 meters Low Tide
- 2016-07-03 11:29 PDT 0.50 meters Low Tide
- 2016-07-04 12:13 PDT 0.45 meters Low Tide
- 2016-07-05 12:57 PDT 0.52 meters Low Tide
For more tide info, check out this link: